Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Short, Sweet, and Successful!

This past weekend I had a chance to go to Equine Affaire multiple times and it was a great source of motivation! I watched four different demos put on by Linda Parelli and all of them were eye opening, especially the Game of Contact! During her demo Linda said one thing that really resonated with me... "Keep your sessions short, sweet, and successful." In other words, when learning something new it doesn't take a lot to get your horse's mind working. My motto from now on, is now "short, sweet, and successful."

Throughout the weekend, I've had a lot of time to reflect on my horsemanship journey with Rydel.

(I even got to tell my story to Linda!)


Rydel and I have come a LONG way in the last two years, and while it has taken a while to get to this point, our momentum is only gaining. I'm grateful to Linda for developing "Horsenalities" as I truly believe this was the breakthrough I needed that turned everything around. It's going to be a great summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment