Sunday, April 22, 2012

How Interesting...

Lately I have been feeling a little bit stumped and the fact that I haven't had much time to play with Rydel has only made it worse. When I do get some time, I've been practicing my catching game with Rydel and found out some interesting things......It doesn't take long for her to turn and look at me and even keep her attention on me ears forward but it seems like no matter what I do, turn around, turn around and walk away, walk away keeping my body facing her, turn around and bend down, etc. I cannot get her to follow me. The whole time she will just stand there with her ears on me almost as if she's saying "well!? Are you coming over here or what?" Now, if I put enough pressure on her hindquarters I can get her to eventually have to turn enough that she will walk a few steps with me, but this feels like cheating and I don't know if her heart is really in it. Tomorrow I will try to play the catching game in a smaller space than a pasture or large arena, for now though...all I can say is "how interesting."
The catching game may have us stumped but we are great at playing touch it! 

RBI's are so funny- it's hard for her to look at me with two eyes from this distance.

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually having the same problem with Gwen. When she's online she comes in from the yoyo with barely any suggestion, but when we're in the round pen an she's loose, she does the exact same thing, stand and watch me with two eyes/ears, but no matter what I do she doesn't come to me or walk with me until I come close enough to her nose to touch her. I tried for th first time yesterday, but it's interesting that it's the same symptoms. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete