Friday, January 3, 2014

Positive, Progressive, and Natural!

As we ring in 2014, I cannot get away with not talking about my goals for this new year. I have decided to set myself up for success this year and keep my goals simple and attainable. I was recently reading 3-Star Parelli Instructor, Jake Biernbaum's newsletter in which he reminded me to keep working on my horsemanship, keeping the phrase "positive, progressive, and natural" in mind. What a perfect theme on which to base my goals for 2014 (thanks, Jake)!

2014 Horsemanship Goals

1) Seek out more support to keep a positive attitude throughout my journey
2) Teach my horse something new every month to stay progressive
3) keep it natural, always!

What are your horsemanship goals for 2014? Feeling stuck? Take a look at the eight principles below to help you generate ideas!

Note: This photo is property of Parelli Natural Horsemanship.


2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking a lot about my goals for Gwen, and myself, for 2014. With an ultimate goal of showing in a schooling show sometime in the autumn, I've decided to really focus on the basics. After these 4 months off, I think it's a really good idea for Gwen and I to make sure our basics are in order, so that we don't hit a snag in our forward progress. For Gwen, I ultimately want a well rounded horse than can handle the stress of a show environment. So for myself, I want to make sure that I expose Gwen to as much as possible, and make sure that I (mentally and physically) have all the tools I need to help her handle anything that might pop up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great goal, Jackie! And sounds very attainable. We have a new horse coming (more on that in the next few months) which I am hoping will allow us to pop into some competitive events this year too! Definitely keep me updated!

      Delete