Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Holy Cow, My Boyfriend Has a Horse!

From the time I was a little girl, I had ideas about how wonderful owning my own horse would be. I also had ideas about who my Prince Charming would be and what he would be like. Well, never in a million years did I expect that my Prince Charming would also be into horses, let alone actually own one! Much to my ultimate surprise, this past weekend the unthinkable came true...My boyfriend got a horse! This past  Sunday we made the 7 hour trip back from Tennessee to bring home Lilah Rose, Evan's one and a half year old American Bashkir Curly Horse!


I feel so lucky to be dating someone who is so accepting and supportive of my dream with horses. I am also especially lucky to have someone who has his own dream with horses! I am so excited to see how things progress with Lilah and Evan's relationship- they are already off to a fantastic start! And think how lucky that horse is to have a leader and a partner who has never known anything other than Parelli! I have great expectations and I'm sure I'll be posting lots of updates. :)


3 comments:

  1. How cute! Looks like a poodle pony! How many hands will it stand when fully grown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her sire was 15.1 and her dam was 15.3 so she should end up somewhere between the two. She was born in august of 2010 so she is actually not even a full one and a half years yet.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, your title for this made me lol!!

    ReplyDelete