Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's A Brand New Year.

Thinking back on 2011 has made me realize just how far Rydel and I have truly come. As I was going through old Facebook posts one day, I came across the date that I moved Rydel down to Columbus with me: September 14, 2010. It's amazing to think it has only been a little over a year that I have had her here with me, but what's even more amazing is the fact that my first lesson with Jesse was August 28, 2011- Almost an entire year since Rydel came to Columbus- and that was really where it all came together for us. From that day forward, the rest of 2011 had become a whirlwind adventure full of horsemanship, an incredible new friendship, and consistent improvement.

The Holidays flew by with a blur but were wonderful and relaxing as always (Ok, they were a little busy too considering I have not had a chance to update on here). Anyhow, I received a fantastic gift from Emily, an engraved leather bracelet that bears the phrase "live your dream", an incredibly symbolic and appropriate gift with which to start out the New Year.


As cheesy as it sounds, this bracelet reminds me that I have the ability to hold my dreams in my hand, to take charge of my life and stop making excuses for myself. My new years resolution is to never lose sight of my dream with natural horsemanship, to always strive to reach my goals and to never settle for less than better than best. I love that Emily has one too, reminding us that we are in this ride together as best friends, personal cheerleaders, and horse lovers.

I am so excited for whatever this year will bring, and I'm sure it will be full of surprises but it will also be a year of living my dream and building on that dream and making it bigger. I'm ready for some incredible transformations in my relationship with my horse and in my life in general! 2012, BRING IT ON!
______________________________
And of course, I didn't forget. Here is my Natural New Year's Resolution #3: Make the Switch! Whenever possible, switch to organic products. I have always used organic cleaning products such as Greenworks dish detergent, but I also just recently switched my makeup and makeup brush to all organic products. I recommend Physicians Formula Organic Wear and Covergirl Natureluxe products. Let me know what organic products you love!

1 comment:

  1. "I love that Emily has one too, reminding us that we are in this ride together as best friends, personal cheerleaders, and horse lovers."
    This makes me warm and fuzzy inside :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete