Thursday, January 12, 2012

Feeling Accomplished.

I had mentioned on my Parelli Connect Page that one of my goals is to send in my level 2 online audition video by the end of the month...Well, it's not even close to the end of the month and I'm ready to submit a video! To be honest, I had been "ready" to send in a video for a long time, I even tried taking a few preliminary videos just for practice. But every time I went to actually do it, I would get really nervous and emotional and try to micromanage everything! (I wrote about it here). It took me a few months to have the confidence in myself in order to get to the point that I could relax and make a video worth sending in. The biggest thing I needed to realize is that my video doesn't have to be perfect and if I continued to spend time trying to perfect things I would probably never send in an audition and drive myself crazy in the process!

So, as I get ready to send in my first official audition ever I am feeling extremely accomplished. First of all, I am happy with the progress Rydel and I have made in the last year. I wish you could have seen the horse she was when I first got her, I swear you wouldn't even recognize her! I am so grateful she was patient with me through all my years of avoiding horsemanship and being too afraid to admit that I needed help and support. This brings me to point number two; I am so incredibly glad that I found loads and loads of support and help from Emily, Jesse, and Juli, without whose support and instruction I would have never been able to get to this point. Finally, I feel accomplished because no matter what score I receive on my audition, I can feel good about just sending in the video! I really don't think I ever would have sent one in had I not had the support from my fellow Parelli friends and in turn gained the confidence in myself to feel comfortable doing it. Now, I can't wait to start working toward sending in auditions for more levels and more savvys! It has become a motivator instead of something I fear.

So, without further adieu... Here is my not-so-perfect-and-I-don't-care Parelli Level 2 Online Audition video! Enjoy.


2 comments: