Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wet And Wild? No, Just Wet.

A couple days ago we gave "the girls" (as Evan calls them) a bath and much to my surprise they both did great! Getting used to water was something I had specifically gone to Parelli Professional, Jesse Peters for help. We practiced it extensively last summer but once cold weather started I hadn't done anything more to prepare my horse for bathing. Because of her previous abhorrence to water I was worried that our lack of practice would cause her first bath of the season to be less than ideal. However I was pleased to find a horse who barely cared about the water and was happy to stand and eat while I washed her! Amazing! My horse who normally would go RBE around water was disinterested and actually relaxed and willing to put her head down to eat!


My mind was totally blown. I guess that's what they mean by "make no assumptions". Here I was assuming that I would end up with a wild horse who didn't want to get wet, when I actually had a horse who wasn't wild at all....just wet!



It was Lilah's first bath ever! What a great foundation she's getting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment