Thursday, June 21, 2012

Be The Leader



I've had a lot of food for thought to chew on lately along with a few decisions to make and I've come to some very important conclusions. Ever since the Parelli tour really demonstrated just how introverted I am, especially when it comes to holding in my emotions, I've been thinking a lot about how being introverted effects my ability to be a good leader for my horse. Online I can generally control my emotions and be the leader my horse needs, but lately I've noticed that during our rides its hard for me to stay focused be able to give clear direction, especially at higher gaits.

So, keeping in mind the fourth Principle of HorsemanshipHorses and humans have mutual responsibilities, the goal for this week is to work on becoming the leader my horse needs me to be which means learning to control my emotions and come out of my shell enough to be assertive and effective. I am
in charge of our success together and Rydel is counting on me to be her leader. I think this little attitude change will go a long way and help us both gain the confidence needed to move on. :)

Rydel loves her scratches :)












No comments:

Post a Comment